Lyme Disease is a killer, of mind body and spirit. It is insidious and deadly, almost unconquerable. I’ve met many precious folks on Facebook’s Christian Lyme Disease group and am astounded at the suffering and hopelessness. As a journalist, I feel obligated to help my brethren in their journey to wellness and victory.
I have learned so much since being diagnosed in 1992, right in the middle of my musical journey with my boyfriend-lead guitarist, Chris, (who also was diagnosed years after me). God blessed us with an anointed calling to share the Gospel through our unique brand of Gospel hard rock, folk-rock, blues and jazz. My heart was skipping beats, I became weak with dizziness and my mind was foggy. My life exploded at the doctor’s diagnosis of Lyme Disease! I was terrified and overwhelmed with the thought of having to drive myself from Seaside park to Red bank, NJ where Rosephin intravenous anti-biotics would be administered for thirty-one days straight. I could not miss one day, or the Lyme would become aggressive and overtake my immune system.
God got me through the devastating season, but several months later, the symptoms returned, this time with a vengeance. I had to endure another bout of anti-biotic, this time Amoxicillin. I felt better for a brief couple of months, but then soon noticed I was feeling debilitated very easy. I caught everyone’s cold and my lungs were continually congested. Within several months, I was close to Bronchitis and Pneumonia very often and one bout was so bad, I almost died. I had no medical insurance, but was blessed by my Christian ministry organization who paid for my examination and treatment by a walk-in clinic physician. he told me I was very close to dying!
After that frightful tenure, my health took a downward spiral and I could not work. I ended up having to support myself as a live-in companion to an elderly gentleman. Pop cared about me and was even more concerned about my fragile health. He was so concerned that he ordered me to find someone to diagnose my latest condition. The neighbor across the street recommended a fine holistic chiropractor who was very affordable and I made an appointment with him. After sharing the story of my Lyme Disease anti-biotic treatments, he diagnosed me as having Candida, a mold proliferation of the body. I’d never heard of this strange disease with the musical name, but accepted the protocol. Now I knew why I had such an insatiable craving for starches and breads. They were fueling my system. I was put on a low sugar diet with intense ant-fungal supplements. It was the hardest diet I’d ever been on. After a month, I was feeling better, but recovery was slow. It was hard to discipline myself to even take a short walk for exercise each day. Worse was having no treats, like the starches my body was addicted to.
The Candida-Lyme battle lasted about two years because the craving for soft bread and pasts was so intense. The lack of proper nutrition, the brain fog and damage to my immune system made me almost clinically depressed. It was a miracle to take care of Pop, the house we lived in and pursuing my music projects. Amazingly, God kept me together My neighbors, (the Christian couple who recommended the great chiropractor) invited me to their church. Now I had a church family to help me carry the load of my temporary disability. Even though, my pastor and my fellow brethren didn’t understand my illness, my involvement in a church family reminded me to rely on my faith in the Lord. Part of being a committed child of God aspiring to maintain victory, no matter what! I vowed to address the LYME-Candida episode as a temporary season which Father would bring me through. If I was ever to soar into my destiny, I had to make some serious changes in my attitude and ability. I had a great calling and many gifts o share with the body of Christ. We must never accept this demonic health attack as permanent, otherwise, we will never be whole and healed! My season with this brutal disease, brought me to new levels of fitness, natural health and wisdom on how to care for my temple. .
Father God has given us everything we need for abundant health, but sadly His people,(millions of them) are bound by disease and-or mental illness. I’m grateful for the wellspring I have learned and am the better for it. Since He has granted me the victory of overcoming and soaring forward in my calling, (as a recording artist-song-writer, journalist, artist and soul-sculptor) I feel obligated to impart my wisdom and expertise who are presently suffering from Lyme, (and other catastrophic illnesses).’
I first urge you all to surrender your whole body and being to your Heavenly Father. This is the first and foremost step to your journey of healing. At times, it may be impossible because of extreme and incessant pain to focus, but try your best to remind yourself of His protection of your life.Begin each day in worship and devotion to your Heavenly Father who cares about you more than you can imagine. He didn’t give Lyme to you, satan did. That being said, here is my prayer
Abba Heavenly Father, please lead my precious brother or sister sister into your green pasture of protection and provision. Holy Spirit, please let your healing waters flow from their belly. Lead them into all wisdom and revelation through applying your promises to their lives and perspectives. Lead them to the godly practitioners who have knowledge of your natural healing. Father, Give them counselors who can help them address any generational or ancestral curses and sins (such as involvement in free-masonry, Santeria, the occult-witchcraft) as well as any roots of bitterness unforgiveness and anger. You call us to freedom and it is harder for some of us than others, but You will work out all things for our good if we humble ourselves under your hand. Thank You Father for your love, healing and mercy, in Jesus name, amen.
After committing ourselves to daily prayer and worship, there are three books, I highly recommend to extricate yourself from the “death” mindset of serious illness, whether it be Lyme, Disease, Cancer, MS, Lupus, etc. Many diseases have a spiritual root. I never knew this from any churches I ever went to. This discovery was one of the most miraculous in walking towards the first step of healing.
The Bull’s Eye Rash from a tick bite.
Here are three of the most comprehensive aids for healing
Pastor Henry Wright is an amazing man of God with divine wisdom and insight into the roots of sickness
This is one of my favorite books! It has powerful healing prayers and declarations to speak each day! This one is a must have!
I also highly suggest deliverance counseling ministry. Disease is not always our fault, sometimes it came from our parents, grandparents or ancestors. Imagine my surprise when my deliverance counselors was given a word of knowledge, that I had a Santeria curse And Freemasonry in my family line! Children who had parents involved in Freemasonry have lung issues.
I would not be alive today if it were for my passionate desire for knowing my Heavenly Father, Jesus and being led by Holy Spirit..If you are not committed to worshiping and being Father’s commandment, you will not be free…to heal. Obeying His commandments is not just going to church, attending Bible studies or even saying prayers. It is intimate relationship! In intimacy with Father and Jesus, you will find peace even in the strum of sickness and suffering. The following list contain the essential of healing and peace.Do not focus on the intensity of your storm or the unfairness of why you are suffering? Of course we all ask these questions in the beginning, but try to move forward and face the reality. Father knows it all:)
- Begin your day with worship, Thanksgiving and communion with Your heavenly Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit. Keep anointed worship music ( not Christian pop…worship-praise music) on. demonic spirits cannot tolerate praise and worship. They can’t assault you. That atmosphere draws God’s mercy and love and makes it repugnant for depression and spirits of death.
- Read all you can about how your immune systems work and the chief detoxifying organs the especially the gut, where the main action takes place. Garden of Life, Primal Defense pro-biotic is an outstanding.
- I was a victim or child abuse and domestic violence, (as an adult). Any long term emotional and/or physical trauma will deplete the Adrenal glands and Thyroid. You may want to get testing for this. I take a high quality Adrenal and Thyroid supplement. Make sure you get your doctors approval for supplements.
- My lung have suffered many assaults over the years from allergies, (hay fever, dust and mold) so I was prone to Bronchitis. I now take Clear Lungs from Ridgecrest
- With the many drugs and different anto-biotics, the liver and detoxifying organs incur much damage. Milk Thistle has been a godsend for me. I also take raw cilantro and parsley which are very good for the cleansing of the body.
- Mercury poisoning seems to accompany many Lyme Victims, I’ve discovered Alpha Lipoic Acid and Glutiathione are detoxifiers.
- Your immune system does not recover well from any type of stress or environmental toxins, pesticides and chemicals. Lypo-Spheric Vitamins C amazingly strengthens my system when I’m taxed.
- A wonderful tincture for Lyme is Una de Gato by NutriCology.
- Other anti-oxidants are E, A, B complex
- There are many other God-given natural supplements and natural modalities
- Get informed and acquainted with world class, Christian practitioners who are experts in natural healing. Many of these have successful programs on Christian TV and internet. Here are some of my favorites. I urge you to GOOGLE, go to the Library in research an/or buy books dealing with your different symptoms, (condition) a. Doug Kaufman, Know the Cause (The fungus Link) .http://www.knowthecause.com/index.php/get-started/about-doug-kaufmann
- Doctor Mercola, an outstanding natural doctor, http://www.mercola.com/
- I first learned about Candida and fungus from reading Dr’ William Crook’s book, http://www.yeastconnection.com/about_story.html
- Rest and good sleep are essential for the body to restore itself. Don’t forget the importance of calcium and magnesium. My favorite sleep enhancer is CALM. I get it from Vitamin Shoppe and they have their own, cheaper brand.. Take twice a day. Calm soothes the nerves and it good for restlessness http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/natural-vitality-natural-calm-rasp-lemon-16-oz-powder/n3-1006#.V-2bGvSsu1s
- Camomile tea and other claming teas are great taken twice a day.